Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick one on 3DSXL

Options
  • 11-06-2024 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭

I was trying to hack mine last night, I got through to the OK OK page and when i scan the QR it says the screen isn't big enough.

So stupid me formatted the XL, no I have no games i purchased even when i go go through the eshop :(

Nothing on the SD either that I bought, any way of getting them back?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hack your 3DS and load it up with all those games again. It's very easy to do and there's step by step guides online.

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,249 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There is a site with all the 3DS games and DLC on it. Can't link to it here but you can download the cia files and install them using the FBI installer app.

The games are arranged by region, if you can't find a game it's probably in the region free section, so check that as well. It has everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Will give it a go later cheers, i followed that famous guide but when I get to the QR for the homebrew channel it gives an error, i tried deleting cookies and changing language

I found that the method you use is quite different depending on your model and current firmware. I'd just try and make sure you have the correct model number in.

Also link on the QR code could be down temporarily.

Oh one last thing. The 3DS will work with cards bigger than 32GB but the 3DS is very finnicky about how the card is formatted.

I upgraded to a 256GB card and the 3DS couldn't see any of my games or the card. The first few links on google actually give the wrong info on how to format the card.

I'll post back about the correct settings.

• Advertisement

Im pretty sure that online they recommend 32kb cluster size in most guides but I found that 64kb cluster size worked for me.

What's the best program to format 32 /64 kb clusters? left me reading glasses in work, will a 512g micro work>

512 GB should be fine. Load times and boot time will be increased a bit. Heard there might be some issues with the later Pokemon games but might not.

I used Rufus:

https://rufus.ie/en/

Follow the instructions online but when it says 32kb cluster try 64kb.

Quick format with MBR partition.

soon as i get the QR code I get an error :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,930 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

What guide are you following, d'you mind me asking? Is it an old 3DS Xl or the NEW3DSXL models? If you got the system used, have you double checked if CFW has already been installed (hold select while booting up to check)?

• Advertisement

Its a new 3dsXL i bought new, following the 3d hacks guide, the recommended, i've tried changing languages etc, redownloaded and reset up many times,

I tried 32b / 64b in rufus, it flashed the yellow screen on one build then back to the error.

I'll try again over the weekend maybe with a smaller sd card, 512 might be a bit much?

Is it possible to get a zip file of a working one without the nand part that I can even tave a look compared to mine?

That probably won't help you.

Have you tried the method using a DS flashcart.

If you don't have one might be able to help you out with one of you are nearby.

I'm in D2 working in Penney's head office, not looked into the flashcart as of yet, will have a gander on my lunch break.

Cheers

One other possibly obvious thing is maybe to just paste the URL into the browser rather than use the QR code

Yes that should work

Advertisement