Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Agri Wheel Loaders

Options
  • 11-06-2024 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Any Agri wheel Loader owners here?

Looking at my setup, having one of these around the place would make life easier for me during the winter feeding months especially.

Im looking at something like the JCB 406/7 or Giant g3500, around 2 ton lifting capacity.

3 bay double slatted shed, built in the late 70s, has a very narrow feeding passage.

When dropping in bales with the 4wd massey, there is no room either side to get down to open bale, etc...

With one of those loaders, plenty of room to hop up and down and no risk to stock with heads through the barriers.

For the summer months then it can be used to load/unload bale trailer, Bulk bag fertilizer handling, and other handy jobs, etc. 

Looking to see if there are any owners with opinions on them here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 2Frugal

From my experience based on the JCB.

Pros

Purposely designed/built machine for loader work.

Very easy on fuel.

Great turning circle.

Very simple machine if anything goes wrong.

Great lift capacity for the size of machine.

Can access tight spaces.

Great visibility.

Cons

Very slow to travel long distances so if you have land/house away from the yard they can be slow on the road.

Not a multipurpose machine like a tractor. Loader work only but they can be fitted with pickup hitch for pulling trailer.

Extra machine to tax/insurance if you already have a loader tractor.

I would also suggest the JCB TM270, bigger in size but the added function of telescopic.

Advertisement