Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a digger abroad.

Options
  • 11-06-2024 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi there ,how do you handle a money transaction when buying abroad.This particular company wants 50% paid into their account and the balance on delivery to Ireland and of course I'm wary of this but it seems pricewise a good deal.Is there some trusted method where the money(mine) is in an escrow account.Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

NO.

There is no digger.

There is no transport company

There is no 50% method of holding your money in escrow, at least none that the "seller" will agree to.

Fold your money in half and put it back in your pocket, and run away fast.

As a test, email them and say you're coming over to inspect the machine.

LLet us know what wild bullshit reason they give that you can't view it in person.

( my favourite was the guy who you'd me the owner of a tractor worked on an oil rig, and it was locked in his yard, and he had the only key with him.

( eBay.co.uk, an International 955 in Scotland)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gordon029

Sorry for the delayed thank you.We didn't get any further in the negotiations as I believe that if it sounds to good to be true it probably is .I could waste a lot of time messing about with them assuring me all was OK and digger on the way only for it never to appear and my money gone.So decided to sit tight andwatch out for a deal here.

Thanks again

Advertisement