Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

forgot pin no mobile android

Options
  • 11-06-2024 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I was tired today, after travelling for a few hours , somehow i setup in a new pin no, i have the card ,with mobile no, pin no , puk, i took out the sim card ,it makes no difference .it says put in pin no, i put in the original pin no,eg 4466, it says incorrect,

i m must have set up a new pin code by accident .putting in the puk makes no difference ,

should i go to the eir shop, it was bought in eir shop in 2022.will the be able to help me in the eir shop.

developer options are turned on on the phone. https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/forgot-android-passcode/

i dont think i have usb transfer mode setup in mobile settings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭thereiver

I went to a phone repair shop , they said ALL DATA will be erased, i asked them to erase the pin no,yesterday at 8 pm,

they are charging me 20 euro ,for this WTF ?????

I Can just press volume down,power button to do a full data reset ,takes 1 minute,

i assumed they could use some special utility to erase the pin Without erasing all my data ,contacts, music ,txt,s

i,m going back at 11.30 am,today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

resetting your phone lock pin and allowing to access the phone and data would be considered major security flaw. If you lost your phone, you would preferred it would not be so easy to unlock , would you?
    If you have G and/or Sams "find my device" service enabled you might have few options, see if it helps

Advertisement