Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

St Michan's mummified remains destroyed by fire

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Lots of water used to extinguish the fire, so I think they should hire some dehumidifiers and put them down in the vaults for a couple of weeks, to help restore the super dry / arid conditions that kept the mummies & coffins preserved for so long …..

I agree about the white nylon shrouds, they didn't look right, & they were flammable!

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭REDBULL68

Who decided to put shrouds on them ? Never knew this ,they were basically leather and had been set on fire before, but they survived ok ,why put shrouds on centuries old body's, was it to make the paying tourists to not feel uncomfortable ,don't do it in Egypt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,171 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

The white shrouds were put into two of the coffins that had been disturbed in the 2019 break-in. The white modern shrouds looked totally out of place I thought …

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

this was posted yesterday; i've no further context as to what might have happened.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,131 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Before the courts

Posts discussing the person charged deleted and thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement