Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[Resolved] Liveline Thread Warning Appeal

• 11-06-2024 10:14pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭

Liveline Thread, wish to make an appeal re warning I received from Hullaballoo the other day. 

Ordinarily I accept & respect warnings as they are given, however this particular one I consider to be inappropriate in the context of the generally rambunctious, tongue-in-cheek style, Liveline thread.

Previous postings I was warned about contained content alone heavy in personal experiences without context to the thread, and I accept these as given. 

This particular one was not of that nature and one of postings as per very often on the thread of items that could form topics for next week’s shows. 

It’s a pretty unique thread reflecting the huge variability and unexpectedness of the show it reflects and has had a more “After Hours” flavour for many years for a very long time. 

Thanking ye for taking time to assess 

PS - site seems to be acting up, quel surprise, can’t seem to see original warning to reference

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭tohaltuwi

Can someone respond, thanks

bump

Could an Admin kindly respond

Thanks

I would appreciate input, thanking you

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Hi.

Can you confirm whether you have tried to resolve this with the moderator in question via PM? This is the first step in the process so we can move things along once you can confirm that you have tried to resolve the issue via PM first?

Thanks.

-Shield

Yes indeed, I PM’ed Hullaballoo that I’d like to appeal and they responded to take it to dispute.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Understood.

There is only 1 CMod for the Entertainment category at the moment so I’ll bring this to his attention now and hopefully he’ll look in to this as soon as possible.

Thanks.

-Shield.

indeed I know boots are very short in the ground.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Hi tohaltuwi

Apologies for the delayed response. I have had a look at this and I am upholding the warning. The posts/links you posted (3 in a row) were off-topic and the warning therefore justified in my view. If you had posted 1 such post I would have been sympathetic but not 3 in a row. If everyone posted repeated links to news stories that they think might form topics of future shows the thread would be a mess and it's bad enough as it is!

Fair enough, thanks for looking at it. Maybe advisory in thread about posting?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement