Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ros.ie Request RAN error entering PPSN

Options
  • 11-06-2024 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I need to register for self assessment as my deposit interest for 2024 will be over the 5k threshold for a form 12 but when I try and request a RAN on ros.ie and I enter my PPSN I get the below error.

Any idea what I am doing wrong. Up to now I've been using the form 12 in myaccount as a paye employee.

Edit: I found a section in myaccount to register for income tax.

As I am a paye employee and will only earn additional income from deposit interest what should I put for my NACE code and turnover (paye salary plus deposit interest or just the gross interest amount expected in year 1)??

And another question by October 31st 2024 what do I need to pay tax wise (Preliminary tax) on the projected deposit interest? Is it just the 4% prsi or the dirt as well at 33% or can I do both in January 2025 without incurred interest on the amount owed for 2024?

Post edited by optiplexgx270 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭plhealy2000

Try changing the tax type to paye ind.

You are not currently registered for income tax so that is likely the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

Thanks but that option doesn't exist in tax type. My current assumption is that I have to register for tax in tax registration in the myaccount login wait 3 days then use income tax again in the tax code with my PPSN.

If this is correct then I'm not sure what nace code to use or the turnover value to use as my income will be paye plus deposit interest only...

Advertisement