Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert

Options
  • 12-06-2024 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

I wonder if someone can help me. I am doing my LC. I did ordinary level of maths. I don't think I will get higher points. I want to study mechanical or electrical engineering. I leave in Laytown. I am between the level 7 in the institute of technology in Dundalk or TU Dublin. In dundalk they have eletrical and eletronics engineering. In tud they have a course for electrical engineering and electronics engineering , two differents courses, TU714 and TU705. Could someone who unsterdant about those courses give a look for me.Any advices. I am without a north we don't have a carrier guide in my school. I have until 1 July 2024 to put my options for the CAO.

Post edited by Boards.ie: Mike on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I would strongly advise that you do one of the QQI (PLC) courses accepted for QQI entry into those courses.

It may take you a year longer to get your degree but it gives you a better chance of being successful.

In terms of CAO application, always put courses in order of choice, regardless of how you think you will do in the exams.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 SeamusLC

? Help? Any ideas 💡

Advertisement