Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleted

Options
  • 12-06-2024 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Deleted Post

Post edited by Hannibal_Smith on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Babyreignbow

I suppose the first question is, does she want to have a relationship with you? You want to forgive her but it was two years ago so I have to assume you are no longer in a relationship with her so is this just a question about women in general and how to deal with conflict?

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Roscodaisy

Deleted

Post edited by Roscodaisy on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭SteM

I’ve known married couples to get into arguments and the woman to mention calling the Garda, yet their still married today.

Have you really? I've been married 15 years, have plenty of married friends. We've all had arguments but I don't know any of them that have ever threatened to call the Gardai.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭Tork

OP, did this happen to you or are you asking a hypothetical question?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Take it as a lesson learned OP it didn't work probably for the best in both cases. I also think you need to re-evaluate your perception of women. It's a bit warped and maybe you might have an issue and reading websites talking about "red pills" might not be for the best. Good luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Babyreignbow

Gotcha. I think maybe what happened between you both has affected how you view relationships and women in general. You could both have been very young and made some mistakes and got very hurt but part of the healing process is learning from the past, forgiving yourself (and each other) and moving on. The fact that you've identified the issue really suggests that you want to do that so maybe start by being a bit kinder to yourself, choosing better relationships and rebuilding your own self worth so that next time you will know better how to handle yourself in those situations. (and choose to calmy walk away with your dignity intact)

Maybe read some books on conflict resolution or take an interest in martial arts like Aikido that will help you master yourself.

If a thousand suns were to rise
    and stand in the noon sky, blazing,
    such brilliance would be like the fierce
    brilliance of that mighty Self.”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭notAMember

A question of women in general? Puh-lease.

You were having an argument with your girlfriend, who became so afraid during this "conflict" that she locked herself in a bathroom and told you she would call the gardai if you didn't leave.

See, here's the other thing that happens in these common "conflicts". Men get their dainty little feelings hurt, and women get murdered.

Get over whatever words were used that insulted your fragile ego, and leave her alone.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

@Roscodaisy Personal Issues is not a place for general discussion. When replying to threads here posters will offer an OP advice on how to resolve their issue. If you do not want advice, please clarify so I can move the thread to a more appropriate place

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Either she's a fruitcake or he's a dangerous maniac. Not enough info to decide which is which, but in both instances my advice would be RUN.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,519 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

An emotional woman, who'd have thunk it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭Ezeoul

"Just verbal" can mean a lot of things.

My advice is, if someone gets to the point where they feel they have to lock themselves in the bathroom and threaten the Gardai on you if you don't leave, it's gone way past "just verbal".

A rethink is needed on who should be forgiving whose behaviour in that scenario.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Highlighter75

Run a mile.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

OP deleted - thread closed in circumstances

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement