Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning a Trip to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans - any advice?

Options
  • 12-06-2024 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

Hey

I am in the early stages of planning a trip next year (2025) to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans and looking for any advice or recommendations from anyone who has already done it. So far potential plan is to Fly from Dublin to Nashville, rent a car and drive to Memphis and then drive to New Orleans and fly home from there.

Id be thinking about 4 days in each place (does anyone have any recommendations on whether this is enough for each place or too much time etc)?

Also, is there any specific time of year that people would recommend to go to get the best experience out of it (I was thinking maybe August or September).

Any infor/recommendations people may have would be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Daisy78

Currently in Memphis having travelled (by bus) from Nashville. Spent 3 nights in Nashville and will stay 2 nights in Memphis . Spent a couple of days in Washington before we flew to Nashville. If I was planning the trip again I would give more time to Memphis than Nashville, at least three whole days. Nashville is interesting to see but it’s mostly bars which is fine if that’s what you are into. There is a lot to see and do in Memphis, the Civil Rights museum (Lorraine Motel) , Sun Studios, Graceland, the Peabody ducks! You can also take a trip down the Mississippi on a steamboat. New Orleans was not on our itinerary for this trip. I actually posted about it last year on the travel forum as we were thinking of dividing our time between there and Washington but had read some mixed reviews about NO on other sites. Got some positive feedback from posters here but after talking to a few more people irl we decided Nashville/Memphis was a better alternative. September is an ideal time to travel. It is very hot and humid here at the moment and it can impact on your enjoyment of the sights. We couldn’t plan it for later in the year but if you have the option of booking it for late August/September then would recommend you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

How's bus travel there ? Is that regular US bus service or private travel package bus ?

Advertisement