Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is PUC set up for temporary seating?

Options
  • 13-06-2024 9:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this should be in GAA section but with all talk of PUC hosting games in 2028 ( I doubt it will happen) but is it set up to be all seater? UEFA would never allow standing for a start but in the future say if the Aviva needed some renovations could it be used for soccer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭Mr.CoolGuy

If the aviva was being renovated they'd go for Croke Park or even Tallaght. The FAI would rather disband the national team than play games outside of Dublin. Their "match bundle" tickets show how much they think of fans from around the country, i.e. not at all.

Either way I think there's more issues in PUC than just the terraces. They'd need better facilities in general

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭ofcork

Might be used for euro 2028 possibly if casement park isn't ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Casement park is officially gone and talk (only in Cork) is to use PUC. Has it been used before for an all seater gig? Can't see it happening though. Why wasn't it built as an all seater in the first place it's the 21st century FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Aviva will get the extra game full Casement Park was to host. It's the only UEFA tournament standard stadium in the country. PUC is miles off the required standard. The fact the majority of the capacity is terracing is only a small part of the reason it's not close to the standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,819 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

so can it or can’t the terracing be converted to seating ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

Croke park had UEFA matches not so long ago when the Aviva was being built.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Croke Park has never hosted a UEFA tournament match. The standard is higher again for show piece tournaments. In any case the 5 games that were going to casement are being divided out among the other tournament stadiums with Aviva getting 1 extra. Croke Park and Pairc Ui Chaoimh are not to the standard. Temporary seating is not permitted at UEFA tournament finals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭Acosta

Hopefully it's called Dublin Stadium or Lansdown Road for the Euros, and everyone can stop advertising insurance for a few weeks.

Advertisement