Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clothes loosing colors after laundry cycle

Options
  • 13-06-2024 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi

I have been washing my clothes under the program Mix and Wash. But I wanted to wash more load of clothes and changed the program to 40 Fast Colours. I use both the Lidl detergent powder and Dettol liquid for washing.

Now I see that the clothes are loosing the colors and getting faded after the laundry cycle. What can I do here to avoid this?

Thanks

Hago

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Are you washing at a high temperature? This can open up the fibres and the colour can come out. Or if the wash agitates the clothes too much it can cause fading I think. Maybe try a milder detergent. Or skip the Dettol. Could it have some sort of bleach in it to kill bacteria?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,342 ✭✭✭phormium

Are you using the detergent specified for colours? The other type usually has bleach, great for whites but would fade colours.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Lidl detergent generally more aggressive, if clothes are valuable then try a small amt of something like woolite.

Yes more expensive but its a better product and goes further, with careful use

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,115 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Use a colour detergent and wash at 30° unless heavily soiled.

You've said you're using a programme for fast colours, maybe try a different one? Laundry sanitiser doesn't fade clothes in my experience.

Advertisement