Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HG Headstone Cleaner

Options
  • 13-06-2024 10:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone has used this product for headstone cleaning. I am hoping to clean a family granite headstone of lichen. the grave is not covered but I was going to use a wire sponge/brush and some elbow grease!

Any advice and if this is worth a go.

N

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,447 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

You will score/mark the granite with the wire and damage any writing

you could try 1:1 water white vinegar on the back.

To kill the weed it will require a few goes over time, I wouldn't like to risk any of the industrial stuff

Make sure you have plenty clean water to rinse off and start at the bottom to avoid stain streaking

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭jonnreeks

Just an update, I used the HG headstone cleaner product recently as shown in a previous post. The headstone is an older limestone type. This product did a good job of cleaning the front. It definitely made the white colouring become more prominent. A bit of elbow work and a wire brush helped. I was quite happy with the outcome and would recommended this product with a bit of effort added.

😁

Advertisement