Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which insurance company offers the cheapest rate to add a learner driver?

Options
  • 13-06-2024 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I recently downsized my car from a volvo xc90 to a corsa 1.2 petrol so my daughter could practice in it while learning to drive. My premium went up to 1,672.86. The corsa I bought was giving trouble so the garage offered me a2010 corsa same model but up 2 years for an extra 800. I thought i was getting a good deal until i got a new quote from my insurance company of 2,369.46. 696.86 increase! In just a few weeks. When I rang my insurance company this morning I was told by an agent that it doesn't matter if its the same model car or 2 years younger. The risk factor is based on the history of the car. When Ichanged from a 1.6 car to the volvoxc90 a few years ago I thought my insurance would come down as volvos are known for safety but was told that time that the price is based on the engine size and environmental impact. So they change the rules to suit themselves. If I can't get a significantly cheaper rate I will have to take my daughter off my insurance as can't afford it. I am 62 years old and over 40 years driving experience including HGVs.

Post edited by Spear on

Answers

Advertisement