Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weird photo popped up ..

Options
  • 13-06-2024 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Took a photo on my canon 5d mk3 and this is what came up (on JPG and RAW)

Since then photos have been perfect and never did this before.

Lately I am paranoid because about to go on a one in a lifetime trip to Kenya and if the camera goes west there I will be beyond upset.

So thinking of getting a new camera or at least a backup for this trip … But is the above the sign of the camera starting to fail, or is it more likely just a dodgy part of the memory card.

I got the camera in 2012 and has been perfect apart from this..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

I've had a similar issue with that camera. Happened only about twice over ten years.

In both cases it was when I was taking a rapid series of shots - so it may have been a camera buffer issue.

If the card has been in use for a while with no other errors, then it's also probably OK.

Borrowing or renting a camera might be worthwhile for a once-in-a-lifetime trip - but make sure to become familiar with it before the trip. I still have mine, but rarely use it now (switched to mirrorless).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

^^ That's exactly it, I was taking a lot of rapid shots, it was a hockey match…

OK thanks, I was looking at the R7 mirrorless today … there is an adaptor I can get to use for the lenses I have … or I might just get a 90D … the extra reach will be good…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,231 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I got the EOS R7 .. my 1st mirrorless … my God I LOVE IT !!

The AF is unreal …

I think the 5D3 is gonna be the backup here!!!

Advertisement