Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs after death or incapacity

Options
  • 13-06-2024 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭

Just covering my bases here and planning for the worst - hoping for the best.

Here's the scenario. My mother died suddenly over a year ago while out walking her dog with one of her granddaughters. I inherited her dog whom I love dearly and I have a dog of my own. I have recently shown early signs of the same illness that killed my mother, fortunately at a treatable stage, so I hope, and I've started treatment (medication) for it. Hopefully all will be well and naturally I'm working on my health. But you never know.

I have the dogs microchipped and their dog tags engraved with my phone number.

I've talked to a friend who is also a dog fan and asked if I can put her number on the microchip records in case I pass out or something while out with the dogs. She kindly said yes. I'm single and have no kids so I'm not sure what else I can do. Maybe I should write some contact details of my siblings on a card, get it laminated and keep it in my dog walking bag? I just worry that in the hopefully unlikely event that I pass away suddenly while out with the dogs like my mom did, that anyone finding them will call the number on their tags, which is my number, which won't do anything useful. Maybe I should consider putting a second tag on the dogs with the friend's number too?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

you seem to have it fairly well covered with the dog microchipped with your details and your friends details registered to it and the dog having an engraved tag on its collar. Check the tag now and again to make sure it’s not coming loose and is still able to be read. My dog lost her tag today or yesterday. I’ll have to get another one.
    you have done all you can id say.
    try not to worry about it

Advertisement