Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro 2024 AH thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,459 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I remember when I used to think players of 28 were grizzled veterans.

It's gas watching Ronaldo gesturing that he wants the ball immediately as soon as Portugal attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,592 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Likewise I always hated Ronaldo, especially when he played for united, but now it's lessened to a point to where I nearly respect the man.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,336 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

and that is how VAR is supposed to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,265 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Inches, jeeez… Czechs look wrecked Portuguese look like it’s minute 50. 😟

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

What a pity

two howlers in the lead up to the goal,

Sitter missed to equalised but he was off. 👽

Likewise.

He's been too good for too long - so hating him when he's clearly brilliant is just stupid IMO.

Ronaldo is 40 in a few months, just played 95 minutes and looks like he did no more then stroll to the local shops…

He’s incredible….

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

You'd miss Chiellini, I look like I'm about to make my confirmation in comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,512 ✭✭✭StevenToast

Thats what put the nail in Dunphys coffin and Giles to a lesser extent....

They kept slating Ronaldo week in week out for cheap soundbites......and he became one of the greatest players of all time....

And hes still out there doing the business on the International stage....

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining." - Fletcher

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Randycove

he’s an amazing footballer, supremely fit, good looking, worth gazillions and, by all accounts, is hung like a grand national winner.

I **** hate him.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

• Registered Users Posts: 14,103 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

Albania look good and may get an upset here.

Christ ireland are so far behind the likes of Georgia now who looked class yesterday. They actually invested in football there and are reaping the rewards now with really technically good players. We truly are a minnow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,282 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Neither the team nor the kit are up to the usual standards from Croatia.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Just seeing the result, seems like another wild one, given how the group stage has dragged on a bit since the expansion I like how this one is a bit mad.

I will support Hungary here on the basis of that vile German kit.

Given how anti-gay Hungary is, I'm sure they are only wearing pink to unsettle the Hungarian players.

The English must be fuming they let Musiala slip through their fingers.

Was a fair shoulder

• Advertisement

What's "Play to the Whistle" in Hungarian? Half the defence just stopped.

And then some save from the German keeper from Hungarian free kick, even reacted to the followup.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,902 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Nothing wrong with the Germans football gear at all. I think Hungary will get knocked out. They lost there last two games yes one was just a friendly against Ireland but this will be there 3rd game in a row to lose. I really do not see them beaten Germany.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

It's dreadful (to me and the BBC commentary staff at least!) - would be better if it was graduated pink all the way… less offensive to my eyes and more offensive to the Hungarians apparently!

Ms

That shot really shoukd have in for Germany. It should have been 2-0

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Ms

Ha ha offside. Delighted for Hungary that there goal was offside.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

That would have been against the run of player.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,578 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Hungarian defender should have gotten the free.
    Think there are goals coming Hungary need to get the first one. 2-0 down the Germans will kill the game

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭DaithiMa

I remember four or five years ago we played Georgia in one of the qualifying campaigns. They absolutely played us off the park at the Aviva (and in Georgia) but we somehow managed to sneak a 1-0 win at home and a 0-0 away.

They've stuck to their guns with that style and are now reaping the rewards. I think there's a lesson in that for the FAI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭shockframe

Its interesting looking at the Sponsors for the event.

I hardly knew of any of them bar Lidl at the beginning of the 20s.

A far cry from Coca Cola, Mcdonalds, Canon, Philips etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭shockframe

Thats class from Gundogan

Advertisement