Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House buying in Balbriggan

Options
  • 13-06-2024 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Saw a few negative comments about ballbriggan here and there but they are more than 10 years old. Have been hearing good things now and also a lot of good development going on including harbour..seems like a good place to invest and buy a house...any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Go for a walk around it on a nice evening about 9 or 10pm.

Get a feel for it and see for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Simply, dont. Especially in any of the estates. You'll be enjoying your 1500+ mortgage per month and surrounded by folks getting it for 10% of that, funded by your taxation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭easygoing39

Its a dumping ground for non-nationals,halfway to a ghetto already,be worse in 10 years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭MSVforever

This happens in all new housing estates in Ireland…

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Antipathetic

Some of the snobs on here love sh1tting on Balbriggan.

I agree it's not one of the nicest towns in Ireland. It does have some good things going for it, like it has a nice beach and it is connected to Dublin by a train line If I remember correctly, I think it is being upgraded sometime in the near future. So the service will get better.

I've walked around the town plenty of times, both during the day and at night, and have never once felt unsafe I also have family living in the area for a number of years and have heard nothing bad from them.

Don't let the terrorists in Israel win. Please donate to UNRWA now!

https://donate.unrwa.org/-landing-page/en_EN

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭jo187

I live in Balbriggan.

The issue is not non nationals as someone posted above.

It's the gangs of white Irish kids doing whatever they want, cause Ma and Da can't be arsed and either grow up or go down a worse path.

It's a handy spot to city centre via train and easy enough for transport. If you're looking to buy to rent you will do well based on It's location and chronic housing shortage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭RichardAnd

Advertisement