Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enter university through Springboard

Options
  • 13-06-2024 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I'm currently on JSA and looking to go back into university and do computer science. My welfare officer told me that I could do a Higher Diploma Springboard course which would be free or subsidized by the government. The only issue I'm finding is that the diploma courses require me to have a primary degree i.e. a bachelors at a minimum. I did begin a Level 8 computer science course in Griffith but I had to leave for personal reasons during the second year. The highest qualification I have is a Level 5 degree where I got 5 distinctions which I don't think is good enough to get any job.

It looks like the only option is to do another Level 5 in computer science and perhaps go into UCD. Would the fees be covered and if not, could I get a SUSI grant?

Advertisement