Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What if the Aer L strike goes ahead?

Options
  • 13-06-2024 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭

Do Aer L compensate us?

Our "Premier (!!)" Travel insurance only covers up to 250 pp per flight.

Our rental villa booking would be lost unless we can get Ryanair flights .

Does anyone know what the policy is around these things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭antfin

It depends on the notice given. If they give more than 14 days notice then no compensation is required and they will issue a refund or an alternative flight. If its cancelled with less than 14 days notice compensation might be due depending on the circumstances and it ranges from €200 to €600. This is why AL has asked the pilots to consider giving 15 days notice of any strike action so that they can minimise disruption by giving 14 days notice to passengers.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We are booked with them late July....they better not.

Is it too late to take out insurance cover!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭billyhead

Its not going to happen. They will come to a resolution.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

I didnt think insurance covers strike action.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Even if you did take out insurance that covered industrial disputes, it won't be applied retrospectively.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,211 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I know Aer Lingus have asked for 2 weeks notice of any strike action but from what I’ve read unions are only obliged to give 7 days notice.

I’m due to fly to the UK with Aer Lingus next Wednesday, so I’m assuming if they don’t announce a strike today or tomorrow I should be in the clear?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 A City rising

Due to go to Wimbledon for the first time in July.

I just bit the bullet and booked Ryanair flight for the same day. Could be a waste of 25 euro but cant miss this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭SharkMX

Changed our flights to September.

Decided not to wait until the dates were announced as everyone would then want the same flights when theirs is cancelled.

No point risking losing the price of the accommodation which is non refundable even if Aer Lingus refund us the flights, so just swallowed the cost of the flight change.

Probably wont book with Aer Lingus again to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

I don't know what to do!!

We are meant to be flying the evening of the 29th after almost a day of strike action. I would be very shocked if we manage to get the flight.

AAer L have taken it off sale so that makes me think it will be cancelled.

Ryanair flight on the same day is now sold out

The earlier Ryanair flight has doubled in the last half hour. Leaving any earlier is problematic regarding annual leave. Leaving later means missing 3 to 4 days of hols.

If I cancel the Air b and b by midnight tonight I can get 50% back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Trampas

Fly through the uk? They’re not in school holiday season yet so might be within reason to go through there on outbound. I’ve been looking going via France for me and but I’m not going for 2 weeks so I can’t do anything yet

Advertisement