Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

AdBlue

Options
  • 14-06-2024 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

Anyone using a car with AdBlue!

Would you recommend this product in Woodies or always purchase it from your car dealer!

😉

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

It's all the same product so get it as cheap as you can.

The only thing I would state is not to buy it if it's sitting outside in the sun (a petrol station forecourt) as it crystalizes in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭gipi

Redex are a reputable brand, I'd have no issue with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭jonnreeks

In comparison how much do car dealers or garages charge, probably a little more expensive in price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭KildareP

For 4L it's very pricey. Certa in Maynooth and Ballymount sell it at the pump for just over €1/L.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

We have a forecourt with an Adblue pump near us,got 7 LTRs last week for €10.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭GPoint

how often people top up ad blue ? Never had to do it yet , dealer topped up as part of service and it lasts until next service

• Registered Users Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

• Registered Users Posts: 21,913 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

I just ask one of the horses to piss into the tank when it needs it. Free.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭fatbhoy

Aldi has it for €16.99 / 10L.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭AUDI20

Thats still €1.70 Litre, most of the service stations near me have it for 75c a litre at a pump.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,275 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

for me, that means removing the boot fooor, then the spare wheel to get to the input point.

It is recommended that AdBlue is added to your diesel engine every 10,000 miles or every 6 months, whichever comes first. In general, it is advised to check the AdBlue tank level every time you fill up with diesel. If the tank is low, refill it in order to ensure that your engine is running cleanly and efficiently.

Googled it! 😗

How often should I add AdBlue to my car?

The average distance that a full tank of AdBlue will last is 6,000 to 7,000 miles. Typically, 1 litre lasts for around 600 miles but your driving style may impact this. Since travelling between 6,000 and 7,000 miles will empty your tank, we recommend topping up every 5,000 miles just in case.

😮

Advertisement