Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to go for service parts?

Options
  • 14-06-2024 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭

is there any concept of a direct retail distributor like say "otto" in this country for bike parts

or is it limited to via dealer channel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭muddle84

Pat at motorcyclepartsireland.ie is based in Cork. I've gotten OEM and spurious parts from him in the past. A pleasure to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 rmactier

i been looking for the same. an there doesnt seem to be such a thing as a motorcycle Motorfactors in existance :/ a gap in the market maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 950 ✭✭✭Nodster

Use to be a great one stop shop parts supplier based in Santry called Global Distributors, sadly closed down during the pandemic.

Never heard a bad review for motorcyclepartsireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 18,992 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

Everyone buying from the internet has killed them off. There used to be a few places in Dublin to get parts but they all closed years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Breezin

Re motorcyclepartsireland.ie

Never heard of them, so ran a search of their site for parts for my bike.

I got a rear Michelin, a Muc Off brush, and a tube of Slime!

So I suppose the answer to the OP is negatory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

jkmoto.ie

sells from his house in Swords I think, pretty good for stuff used a number of times

• Registered Users Posts: 35,051 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Never used them myself but xlmoto.ie is worth a look

… or maybe not. A search for my bike shows several wrong types of brake pad and oil filter

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

• Registered Users Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭Goose81

You can go straight to the importers to get parts direct from the manufacturers eg Danfay for Yamaha or Priory Motorcycles for Suzuki. Not sure of others

Priory were class to deal with when I had my K7 GSXR, used to order me in the most random parts some of which only cost a few quid eg nuts and bolts that had to come directly from Japan as none in europe and they would even get them shipped straight to my house instead of their premises for free

• Registered Users Posts: 35,051 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Back in the day when Priory were on the North Circular Road they were completely fcuking hopeless.

© 1982 Sinclair Research Ltd

Advertisement