Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye Boycottin' today lads? - The Boycottening!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭SVI40

In 2013 the European Union banned the sale and importation of cosmetics products newly tested on animals - or that contain any ingredients that have been tested.

Some exceptions are allowed, though - ingredients may still be tested on animals under certain circumstances, 

• Registered Users Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Goldengirl

Don't Abbot and Boston Scientific make them here in Ireland as well along with many other interesting life saving devices ?😁

According to the spiel from Bioinnovate Group in Galway 80% of said devices are produced in Ireland now .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

If your worried about war in the middle east boycott oil. #turf

🙈🙉🙊

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Your first post stated every single ingredient must be (and you stated must be) tested, which is quite a remove from the post you quoted there. Which is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭MacDanger

Toymaster - was looking for 2 beanbags for a santa present, went in ~3 weeks before Christmas and they said they'd have stock back in next week; strung me along for the next 3 weeks saying they'd be in in a couple of days. By the 22nd, had to go elsewhere to get them. Useless shower of c*nts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭SchrodingersCat

If your not providing a good source, your post is more suited for here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

• Registered Users Posts: 13,959 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Supermacs: Can't support that tight baxtard who pays min wage and takes lunch out of the wages even if you don't eat their food. You've to pay for the uniform and while everyone was locked down he was fannying about on holidays with his family and recording it for everyone to see. Could do for Galway hurling what JP has allegedly done for Limerick hurling, but he's too tight and just wants his brand on the jersey. This extends to any Circle-K that has a Smacs on it because he owns them too. I don't use hotels and don't own/rent property so covered there.

The Beard Struggle: Previous douchey dudebro controversy aside, I do like the products. But their EU orders ship from the UK so until they get an EU based base, I no longer buy from them. On a side note, anyone recommend any decent beard products, preferably Irish produced!

Google: A hard one, as Google are everywhere, but they're no longer a search engine, they're an ad engine. So my boycott is by saying I'll "search" something instead of "Googling" it.

The nestle one is interesting. They own a lot so I reckon it's actually impossible to boycott them. I do like me a Lion bar, aside from shrinking they still taste the same as they always did, unlike most other bars which no longer do. Oh, yeah, let's add Tubs sweets to that mix, picked up a box of the chocolate white/pink mice. They're smooth, no grain like they used to, so they feel weird/waxy, and the taste is all wrong. Ate about 3 of each color and threw them away.

My boycotts are smaller than most…

• Registered Users Posts: 25,278 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Nestle products…. They are a grim company who don’t treat people very well….also they don’t treat consumers very well, Aero chocolate now vs when it was manufactured by Rowentrees is a great example…. Shrank the bars and changed the ingredients, everything from texture to flavour is beyond substandard now….

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Aero (and wispa) are genius bits of marketing. the whole point of them is they're selling you a bar that's half air.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭Dingaan

Gillette because of that ad.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

AirBnb because they still host rentals of illegal settlements in the West Bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Downlinz

McDonalds and Starbucks because of Israeli support.

tbh it's not very difficult since there's a lot of fine local chippers and cafes on every street in every town anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

If you REALLY care about boycotting companies that directly or indirectly support Israel you should be boycotting all tech corporations, even get off the internet and stop using computers altogether.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

WTF is that a jihadi using click bait titles and alt right style youtube videos?! When I thought I saw them all…

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭foxsake

seems like the statin meds are too I'm told. thankfully I've no need of any of them …. so I'm good.

But on a more serious note - I'm not sure boycotting all Israeli goods is right more the ones that contribute to the war machine -as I said specifically

but maybe I will .. . I'll need to consider..

Advertisement