Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oide interview

Options
  • 14-06-2024 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi all

I've been shortlisted for interview for oide secondment position for next year. I was just wondering if anyone has any idea of type of questions they ask etc. Really would love the opportunity to do well in the interview. Or if anyone has been through the process

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Random sample

I would imagine it is subject/programme specific.

For me I got the sense they wanted to know what type of teacher I am, how well I could deal with conflict/ resistance to the messages and how well I can explain and sell new ways of doing things.

They are looking for people who will get their messages across and keep people on side throughout the day.

Do you have the 5 minute presentation to do? Put plenty of effort into making it relevant and interesting if you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

YYeah working on presentation at min so I'm hoping it's what they aiming for

Thanks for assistance

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bl2024

Hi roxychix,

Just wondering if you heard anything back from your Oide interview yet?Waiting for the last 4 weeks since my interview with no response.Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Random sample

I don’t know if it’s the same in all sections, but some who interviewed the last week of school heard within a couple of days that they were successful. I’d say in other sections they’re not even sure what jobs they have to offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭roxychix

Yeah heard back. Placed on panel hard to know if I'll get a job in future but that's all I know

• Advertisement
Advertisement