Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incompetent work colleague on higher salary than me

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭ZeroThreat

Well I'm glad they gave you some sort of reasonable raise at least. They don't seem to be quite the Mr. Burns dinosaur monolithic management types like some offering opinions here ….

'If you came to me with that attitude I'd tell you that it was none of your business and if you did not like your salary there's the door…. and your next move would be????'😉

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

This post should be automatically stickied and pop up anytime someone has an issue in the workplace that is causing them distress. I'm absolutely gobsmacked by the enormous amount of posters on Boards who act as if your job should be your entire life and that you should be loyal, committed, willing to work unpaid hours and turn into a slave just to have a different title and perhaps a few more thousand euros. Never mind that you are just a number in every single job on the planet. Easily replaceable and forgotten in mere days. Not to mention that the entire corporate game is rigged in their favour: work long hours, clean up after everyone else with the dangling carrot of a future promotion. Get the promotion: even longer hours, zero time with your family or to recharge the batteries, with the same carrot of another future promotion!

But so many people here just don't get it. It's frightening how many posters resort to the whole oh no wonder companies won't invest in Ireland, oh you need to come in early to show commitment, serve your great leader and such platitudes. There are a huge number of people in this country who would happily cut all employment laws and unions just so they could "get more out of" workers. Happily let people work 14 hour days, give them 5 minutes breaks etc. These people are all over this forum. They live as if we are in 19th century industries. Sad and pitiful people. A job is just money so you can live your life outside of the job and pay the bills. Just a number as I said. And for anyone who thinks you are oh so important and the company couldn't do without you...head to your nearest graveyard and see all those "irreplaceable " workers!!!

Advertisement