Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ennis Mechanic

Options
  • 15-06-2024 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

I brought my car skoda superb 2012 1.6 diesel to a mechanic in ennis (if the location matters just posting just incase)

The mechanic spent 3.5 hours diagnosing the problem then charged me €110 for that is this normal?

I was then told the car needs a new sump and a new coolant pipe because both are leaking. I suspected these were the problem. He then quoted me a price of €720 for parts and labour, does this sound reaosnable?

To sum up there was a fee of 110 euro just to look at the car as he spent 3.5 hours having to take it apart to get to it he said. Is this normal practice and does 720 euro sound fair for the work I need done?

Really just checking before I go ahead. I've paid the 110 already obviously.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,678 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

€110 to have a problem diagnosed sounds about right in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭advisemerite

Thank you. I didn't doubt it tbh just some people put the thought in ny mind. And this fella has great feedback 10/10 so I'd be disappointed if it was very excessive. Thanks for your reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭User1998

€110 for 3.5 hours labour is very good value. Some places would be charging €300+ for that. No idea about the sump and coolant pipe prices tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭advisemerite

Thanks for your reply yeah it was average €30 an hour labour the rest vat. Most mechanics charge a lot more per hour that I know. Thanks for replying.

Advertisement