Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hanging a 65” TV to an insulated wall.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Corefix plugs only support 45mm from the face of the plaster to the solid block, so they're out. As you've got a reach of 100mm I'd go with concrete screws except you'll need to use low speed and back-off the hammer-action on the drill as I found that cavity blocks weaken around the hole and as a result the concrete screws will just pull the threads out. Your other option may be to use a chemical anchor resin, but you'd need to deploy it at the block and then screw the bolt quickly in exactly the right place. Might be an option - if a bit expensive and very permanent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

cheers for the advice and yeah I thought about a chemical anchor but I was kinda unsure what to use.
    I went with 150mm concrete screws that I had in the shed.

Used a 6mm drill bit for the pilot holes.
    The bracket itself is 850mm wide so I got 7 screws in the top and 5 in the bottom part.

I’ve fully extended the arm and put my own body weight on it 75kgs and it hasn’t budged.

TVs up on it now all ready to go for the match so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,233 ✭✭✭10-10-20

6mm hole for what should be 8mm? If so, yes a good plan alright. Glad it worked out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

As far as I know they are 7.5mm concrete screws.

Anyhow the tvs still on the wall so result 🤣

Advertisement