Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kneecap

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,914 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Isn't that the nature of entertainment and the nature of most bands, especially younger ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fuascailteoir

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I've only ever watched one Kneecap video prior to seeing this film and I didn't even know it was them. I think they've done more for the Irish language than a century of corruption and nepotism by various governments. "Grift" is completely unwarranted. They make music and that's it. You like it or you don't.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,581 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Of course they’re putting on a show and they have very much received mainstream approval in the Republic. But they’re fighting plenty of righteous causes - from the UK’s approach to Northern Irish arts funding to Palestinian rights - and are doing lots for the promotion of the Irish language, in a very different way to the other recent wave of Irish language titles. Their ‘provocations’ at least are grounded in genuine conviction, which is a lot more than I’d say for a lot of other ‘try hard’ musicians out there.

The film is pretty formulaic and hardly some radical piece of art. But it’s an awful lot of fun IMO, with just the right amount of cheek and contemporary commentary to give it a bit of an edge. I wouldn’t go in expecting any more than that, but on its own terms it’s a damn good time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

The plot is a bit all over the place and it shamelessly bears more than a passing nod to trainspotting and I'm totally not their target demographic but it's an absolute riot. I came out of the cinema elated and bought tickets to an upcoming gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Was aware of one or two or their songs could take or leave them but just saw the film, have to say it was genuinely very funny on a few occasions had me properly laughing. For lads with no acting background they all did very well. There's something more to these lads then meets the eye.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

Sure, if you haven't seen it. How can you say it is a straight to TV film?

This is very odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Bellbottoms

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Saw this last night. I don't like rap music, I've heard only a tiny bit of their music and didn't know a whole lot more than that.

Have to say, it was a superb bit of fun. And to be fair to the lads, they are all fine actors. Well worth watching in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Surprised Joe Duffy hasn't latched into them for a rant tbh...

Planning on seeing this week looks fun

Advertisement