Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying Audi A4/A6

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Friend of mine has had two A6 secondhand and took a while to find the right spec, it seems around the €20k mark a lot of them are rough too so the ones that were ok spec were in bits. Everything from door cards to the dash being completely scratched up to air vents being broken. Then there's cars with only partial leather, no keyless etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭goochy

Get a high spec. Superb . Audis overrated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Disagree.. Having owned several of them (Audis) but Passats before that, the Superb - although it's come up in quality in recent revisions - is still not in that premium segment that the A6 is targeted towards.

My 2005 and 2010 A6s regularly got comments about how good a condition they were in despite the age and mileage that particularly the 10 had (410,000km when I traded it in). Every control worked, the seats were in great shape, the interior was still fresh and current (considering it was reused in the A4 and Q7).

Even now my 12 year old A7 has only 185,000km on it and I get regular compliments on it and its condition. They are extremely well-wearing cars that if looked after properly will do massive mileage.

A Superb while a great car for what it is, is nowhere near the same level.

As said I was in a 2016 a4 avant and thought it was just bland .

Friend has a basic superb znd that was even better .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Surely that says more about the owners than the brand?

My Golf is nearly 7 years old, when I give it a hoover it looks brand new because the inside is so clean with next to no wear and tear. The inside would get an occasional wipe down when giving the car a wash but only minimal effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

we all heard you the first and second time.

How is an Audi A6 over rated compared to a superb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭XsApollo

so you haven’t sat in the A6 then? You’ve just mentioned the A4 twice.

Is the Octavia comparable to the superb also?

I have been in plenty of audis and I am never particularly impressed .

No octavia not same as superb . Friend always bought superbs but switched to a high spec octavia due to price increases but regretted it . Said superb was far superior car

Skodas are audis and vws without the hype

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭9935452

Is the car an s line.

They are lower to the ground than an se.

Im 6ft7 , have a 15 A4 SE and dont find it hard getting in and out of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭kermitpwee

Sound as a bell ya 😂😂😂😂

• Registered Users Posts: 38 volkswagon1973

Anyone selling an A6 2/3 years old have a Audi A4 to trade.Had the loan of an A6 loved it plenty power automatic much bigger car than A4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭trindade

Considering what you want and your needs I would suggest to look into donedeal, there are a few A4 avant (estate version) in your budget. Make sure you get the estate otherwise you'll struggle with baby stuff (it's was my case).

Advertisement