Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any advice on the new housing Waston Place in Templeroan Downs Ballyroan

Options
  • 16-06-2024 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I recently found a newly built home priced between €0.9m and €1.2m for a 3-bedroom (160 square meters) or 4-bedroom (200 square meters) house near Ballyroan Parish Church, just 15 minutes walking distance away.

While I am aware that this is a nice residential neighborhood, I am not very familiar with the area. Given the current market conditions, is this price reasonable or a bit too high?

I am considering this property as a long-term family home, hoping we won't need to move again. Therefore, I want to be cautious before putting down a deposit, particularly because I am concerned about the potential for the property's value to decline, especially in these uncertain times when market prices are fluctuating.

My children are in college and have been accustomed to living close to Dundrum and the Luas. I have noticed that public transport options in this area are limited, and we currently have only one car.

Could you provide insights on the prospects for the area and the property market? Your advice will help me make a careful and informed decision.

Thank you !

Post edited by DOCARCH on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 t5max

Hi,

Watson is a very nice looking development ! !

We've been living in Rathfarnham just down the road from Watson for the past 24 years and have been looking at the prospect of either renovating where we are or moving to something newer in the same area.

Renovating was crazy money and a huge amount of disruption for maybe 12-14 months.

Long story short we saw the Watson development and have decided to buy there.

I know the area well so the prospect of buying a new build A2 Rated property close to where we currently live was perfect for us.

The 15 and 15b bus routes are around 7 min walk from Watson, both are good bus services that run tbrough rathgar , rathmines and on to the city centre.

There are some very nice walks nearby including Bushy Park, St Endas Park, Marley Park and the Dodder greenway.

There's shops, a cafe and takeaways located on Marian road and Rathfarnham shopping centre is also nearby.

You may have also noticed that the houses themselves have solid concrete floors on all levels which is an expensive feature and not common on new builds.

There's underfloor heating on all levels and the heat pump is a mitsuibushi ecodan system - all good features.

A few downsides would be - not keen on the bathroom tiling and the builder appears to have a 'no-change' policy' - a bit anoying but not the end of the world. Car parking seems to be 2 spaces for each house and a bit tight . .

The prices are high but new build energy efficient properties are achieving premium prices.

We're committed and very happy with our decision 🤗

Best of luck with your decision . . .

Advertisement