Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox One No signal

Options
  • 16-06-2024 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭

Hi all, just a quick one.

Have my xbox one since about 2020 now was working perfect for years, went to start it up recently for the first time in about 6 months and its showing no signal on my tv. Its powering up and the lights coming on and the power up sound is coming on, so I went to get a new hdmi cable but its still showing no signal with a new hdmi cable so im unsure what the issue actually is, Ive tried the other hdmi port in my tv which I know is working cause I use my chromecast in it but it still shows no signal here also. Is it possibly an internal issue in the xbox? Cause I cant think of what else is the issue

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭Treppen

I thought I'd ask gpt ...

It sounds like you’ve already done some good troubleshooting by replacing the HDMI cable and testing different HDMI ports on your TV. Here are a few more steps you can try:

1. Check the HDMI port on your Xbox: Look for any visible damage or debris that might be causing a connection issue.

2. Power cycle your Xbox: Completely turn off your Xbox by holding the power button for 10 seconds, then unplug it from the power source for a few minutes before plugging it back in and turning it on.

3. Try a different TV or monitor: If possible, connect your Xbox to a different display to see if the issue persists.

4. Check the display settings: If you can connect to a different display and get a signal, check the video output settings on your Xbox and make sure they’re compatible with your original TV.

If none of these steps resolve the issue, it could indeed be an internal problem with your Xbox, possibly with the HDMI out port or related components. In that case, you might need to contact Xbox support or take it to a professional for repair.

Have you remote connection set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,839 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Double check the hdmi doesn't have and enhanced setting on the TV. Failing that try safe boot the Xbox. Feels like it's sending a signal the TV is picking up so might be on a different setting.

Advertisement