Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2024 - Round 10 - Barcelona Spain

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,792 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

haha Bernie collins.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,347 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Get in Max!!! Lovely job.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭wazzzledazzle

Great stuff!

Karun making excuses for Norris. He’s some tosser

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭waynescales1

”GetInThereLewis!”

Edit: Hamilton didn’t say he was “super grateful”? What’s going on there?

If only if only

If only me auntie had bollox she’d be me uncle.

Idiots on sky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Double points finish for Alpine. Good stuff.

It’s been a while since we’ve heard that, thankfully. But fair play to Lewis, a good quali and good race with some decent overtakes. Interestingly, Merc look to be on an upward curve whereas Ferrari are going backwards. What’s clear is the McLaren looks every bit as fast as the Red Bull and one again Max is making the difference. Next two races will be bangers I reckon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭klose

Aston can’t seem to nail their upgrades, same as last season they just start to drift backwards, very disappointing for RB too they brought big upgrades and were nowhere to be seen.

Definitely think McLaren have another couple wins in em this season, Red Bull definitely not as dominant this time round as Max has said as much himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,039 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lewis nearly won the constructors prize there 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭Longing

Champagne celebrations so funny. Ham getting a doing.

• Advertisement

It was nice him back up there and getting soaked by the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,697 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Alpine look to be the 5th team again, Aston looking poor.

More of this though for rest of year and we'll surely have more Lando wins...

Some bright sparks to that race but overall a typical Spanish affair. Remember when we rated races? I'd give that a 7.

Last year Red Bull could have secured the Constructors title on Max's points alone. This year, they might need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,721 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

For a Spanish GP it was ok! I never expect much here but it was a decent race and I agree with the rating above, solid 7!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,211 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

great to see 3 different teams on the podium, thankfully its not gonna be a rb run away this year

Lando winning driver of the day shows how silly/pointless that award is. Max came from 2nd to win the race, Lando went back a spot. But max wasn't even in the top 3 of voting I don't think...

ye that driver of the day is complete bollox. Don’t see the point in it whatsoever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭kksaints

Entertaining race especially when you account for what track it was. Verstappen won that race in the first 10 laps when he pulled away from Russell and Norris. Like a few others above I'm not entirely sure how Norris was driver of the day as a poor start and an inability to close on Russell in the opening part of the race cost him the win. Pacewise Norris is probably the fastest driver on the grid at this stage or at least on a par with Verstappen on pace and consistency. But he is weaker at a few things like race starts and especially safety car restarts that has probably cost him a win or two at this stage. If he can iron kinks out, he'll be champion at some stage given the car. Interestingly both their teammates today where miles off their pace, not a surprise regarding Perez but Piastri was well off today also. Norris is starting to dominate that inter teammate battle.

Good race for the Alpines with a double points finish. Bad race for Williams and Aston Martin who were well off the points pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Joeface

What is the thing about wind tunnel testing been locked in now , and Mercedes getting more than Ferrari . I thought that was an end of year thing not a mid year thing . it was a throw away comment form the commentators (sigh) and they didn't clarify or I missed something in regs over the last year .

Anyway enjoyable enough race . decent weekend over all. Hoping for more in Austria .

The ATR regulations (which limits how much aero testing teams can do) reset every 6 months (more or less), so they have now set themselves based on current standings.

Differences:

• Red Bull: No change (70% of base)
    • Ferrari: 1 place higher (75% of base: -5 percentage points drop)
    • McLaren: 1 place higher (80% of base: -5 percentage points drop)
    • Mercedes: 2 places lower (85% of base: +10 percentage points gain)
    • Aston Martin: No change (90% of base)
    • RB: 2 places higher (95% of base: -10 percentage points drop)
    • Alpine: 1 place lower (100% of base: +5 percentage points gain)
    • Haas: 2 places higher (105% of base: -10 percentage points drop)
    • Williams: 2 places lower (110% of base: +10 percentage points gain)
    • Sauber: 1 place lower (115% of base: +5 percentage points gain)

So Mercedes and Williams get the biggest shift with increased runs available. RB and Haas have the biggest relative drops.

Why the 100% figure is set at whoever is in P7 is beyond me…

• Advertisement

Interesting non point on the Sky podcast. If for some reason Max didn't finish the race or got DSQ the podium would have been all British.

It's true though. We kind of dismissed the possibility before because either McLaren or Mercedes Benz were never near podium contention,the likelihood of a Norris, Hamilton, Russell podium was quite remote, but we were just one car away from that this previous weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,885 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

When was the last time that happened?

You got to admire the British for that do, thet do get a lot of good drivers into F1 unlike Italy or Franch even. I would say Germany and Spain have produced better drivers recently last 15 years than both Franch or Italy of late.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Sky are a British broadcaster, so in one sense it's fine. BUT - they buy up the rights for Ireland. They broadcast the English language coverage in a bunch of regions (USA included). The refer to Alex Albon (who was born in Britain but races as a Thai driver) as British when it suits them. Such a dose.

Ye , listen Dulpit, i agree with you. But commentators should be impartial. Leave the fanboy stuff for, well the fans.

I don't mind them celebrating a great performance by a driver, but what's this bullshit about "British" drivers. They are English drivers. Why refer to them as "British" it does my ti"s in.

Also, yes, with Albon, they trot out the british line when it suits. It was the same when Irvine was aroud. Never Northern Irish, always British.

I have a seperate bee in my bonnet with that whole GB thing anyway.

I'm very calm and relxed this morning so i'll stop myself ranting on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,640 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Ah sure lads, will be back at the Home of Motorsport soon and we can hear all about the Britishness.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

If this year is anything to go by, the British GP will be unbearable.

"Best track" "Greatest fans" "Greatest drivers" blah blah blah

I do think it is a great track all the same but not as good as SPA

Oh, and don't forget England are in a tournament. Sky already tried to play that up with David Croft door stopping drivers for "Keepy Uppy" at the start of the Spanish weekend. Anyway, onto Austria.

• Advertisement
Advertisement