Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sharp android TV, how to set up PVR to record satellite and antenna channels

Options
  • 17-06-2024 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, I've recently purchased a Sharp android tv and I want to be able to record tv programmes from the satellite and antenna channels. I've downloaded the "PVR Live" app from Play but I don't think it works with the "Live TV" app that I think the antenna and satellite channels are working through on the tv. I want to have the record function working as simple as possible as it is on a Kitchen tv used by everyone in the house. Has anyone successfully set up PVR recording in a similar android tv? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Checking the description of the app in the Play Store

"Watch and record your Live TV content from IPTV, HdHomeRun, Tvheadend, Enigma2 or other PVR (Personal Video Recorder) sources"

You need another device or IPTV subscription to connect to record.

Usually on an Android TV, you'd plug in an external harddrive to one of the USB ports on the back of the TV and then you should be to record if the TV has the facilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GerFar

Thanks for reply. The TV doesn't have the record facility as it(there isn't even a red record button on the remote). I have a hard drive already plugged in to the usb alright. I've seen what you refer to about the app recording from those sources so that's probably why "PVR live" app wont work.

I'm kinda looking for the simplest way of being able to record from the tv guide without loosing the straight forward interface(or at least replacing it with something similar) for the satellite and antenna channels that's there already.

There are other apps like "Live Channels" but I think I would have to delete the "Live TV" app that's there and I'm afraid to do that as I don't see it on Play to replace it again if all went wrong.

Sorry about the long winded explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭dermo2014

When you press the EPG button on the remote and select an upcoming program, what options do you get - watch/view/record etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 GerFar

I don't get anything up when I select the program. There definitely is no record option as standard on this android tv. I'm kinda giving up because any app solutions seem messy, I just want this tv to be straightforward for the kitchen.

Advertisement