Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gary Lineker Mr Smarmy

Options
  • 17-06-2024 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,241 ✭✭✭

Saw him on a podcast yesterday with Shearer and Richards from Germany about the Euros. Also there was Alastair Campbell. During the conversation Lineker said that he 'of course' had read Campbell's book and as he said it took a sly look at his ex football colleagues. This I interpreted as 'amn't I great to have read a book by a former political insider'.

It reminded of the time he was on the LL Show with Tubridy when he told Tubridy that he once took a penalty against some goalkeeper or other in England who used to play in Spain and that 'because I played with Barcelona I knew which side he would go and I scored'.

Can't stand this chap I'm afraid.

Comments

Advertisement