Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AC/DC - The non-Australian Born Members - Past and Present

Options
  • 17-06-2024 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭

Many of the members of Australian-based hard rock band AC/DC were not actually born in Australia. In fact, there were never more than two Australian-born members in any specific line up of AC/DC, and always bass or drums. Of course, the latter has a lot to do with the fact that in its history, there has only ever been one lead guitarist, two rhythm guitarists and three official lead vocalists.

Some, such as Angus and Malcolm Young and Bon Scott, emigrated as children and some came to Australia as adults, such as current singer Brian Johnson and current bassist Cliff Williams. However, regardless of what age they came, none, as far as I know, had Australian parents.

Below are more or less the full list of official members past and present that were not born in Australia. There were three official drummers during 1974 where I could not establish their birthplaces: Ron Carpenter, Russell Coleman and Noel Taylor, but I suspect Australia.

Current members:

Angus Young – Scotland: always been lead guitarist and last remaining founding member in the band – needs no introduction!

Cliff Williams – England: bassist

Brian Johnson – England: lead singer

Stevie Young – Scotland: rhythm guitarist

Former members

Malcolm Young – Scotland: rhythm guitarist and founding member

Larry Van Kriedt – U.S.A.: original bassist

Dave Evans – Wales: original lead singer

Bon Scott – Scotland: second lead singer

Simon Wright – England: drummer

Chris Slade – Wales: drummer

Advertisement