Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Sparrow

• 18-06-2024 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

I had a beautiful encounter with a baby Sparrow yesterday, I came out to the back garden and saw a baby Sparrow on the ground chirping away I could not see any parents around so I picked him up and left him at the bottom of the garden under a plant, still no sign of any other birds so after a while I picked him up and he had plenty of feathers so I put him up in the air and he flew down the garden and landed so I done the same again only this time when he landed he ran towards me jumped onto my hand and I put him up again and again.

This went on for a half hour or so but to see him running towards me and chirping like mad was lovely, on my last throw he went up but this time landed in the neighbours garden which has a lot of plants and I could not see him however along come two Sparrows with food in their mouths and flew in so I guess they fed him , I really hope he made it but it was a very special time spent with him made my day.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,140 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not trying to dismiss what was a lovely encounter but you really should leave any newly fledged birds alone. The parents will find and feed them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I had no intention of leaving him alone as I have bird feeders and cats coming in so I kept an eye on him but no birds came to him despite chirping loudly for over half an hour so I decided to see could he fly away which he did and the I spotted the other two birds so hopefully he made it.

Advertisement