Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pc Vga / Hdmi To Scart?

• 18-06-2024 2:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Afternoon all.

As Per the title I'm Just after your opinions & experiences on getting a video signal from a Pc to a Crt Tv, The gaming room is coming along nicely and recently picked up a nice 22" phillips crt TV. Have a few consoles playing nicely on it so might go down the flashhcart route but would quite like to throw a little Pc together to run some old computer / console emulators and play 'em on the Crt.

Ive have a pci express graphics card with s video out that also has the s video to composite lead but im guessing it is going to look like total garbage. also have a pi but again, its probably going to look bad?

seen a couple of hdmi & vga to scart adaptors for small money on amazon, im guessing theyre not gonna be great but maybe better than composite?

Anyways, what have you done to achieve this? Open to buying any surplus bits from people on here!

Another odd one:

My Tv didnt have a remote and the one ordered from amazon doest work, no biggie as you can adjust colour contrast etc from tthe buttons on the tv but not the aspect ratio and herein lies another small problem: I have a PlayStation to scart cable that works great but the tv will letterbox the signal to 16:9, if i use play a station to composite lead that is then connected to the trusty old composite to scart it displays in 4:3. theres not a huge difference between the 2 but the scart does seem slightly sharper, and it will probably only be me that ever notices it! Anyone know of a playstation scart lead that wont do this?

Im currently sending signal to televsion from my trusty old scart switcher and it doesnt letterbox other sources so dont think it a scarty thing!

Wasnt an issue with the larger grundig Crt as it has the remote but its just to big a beast for this setup!

Thanks in advance

Pic for attention

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 898 ✭✭✭dav09

Did you ever play around with GBS8100/8200? Those are for arcades but you could easily convert the signal and have various inputs, they have all sorts of settings on them for aspect rations, etc. Might be an idea especially if there is any upscaling or downscaling going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Damien-King

must check these out, they look good. just setting up this graphics card, you never know, it could work out

Advertisement