Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour de France 2024 - this time it’s personal

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Jonas is the greatest climber of his generation, so he’s entitled to wait for the big mountains next week.

But it was a golden opportunity to hurt Remco.

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 16,734 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I don’t think Pog & Jonas see Remco as a serious rival for the overall. When the proper mountains comes we will see who has the balls to attack then.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Remco wasn't wrong in what he said but also Vingo is right to race the tactics that suit him.

And I agree that Remco is gone once the mountains come anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,261 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I think Jonas is going to win it now. Pog didn't put enough time into him.

As for Remco, I wouldn't be willing to write him off just yet. He improved a lot on the climbs last year, if he is better again he won't be far off.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,395 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Remco is giving out about the time just him, pog and Jonas, only Rog was behind. They caught the break, but then they sat up as Jonas wouldn't work and the break went away again and the GC group reformed. As someone else said I don't think Jonas or Pog see Remco and Rog as real threats for the win (which is all they're interested in).

Just to add, not sure Remco is that bothered with Jonas not working the time he was caught out in poor position and behind a small split. But he seems to be forgetting that one!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

weird that’s the point you are making when what I said was:

”He just couldn’t make it stick though. I thought Vingegaard and Jorgensen should have worked with him to drop Remco.”

I was pretty clear on the move I was talking about, that’s the post you responded to originally

Post edited by Brian? at

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 14,246 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Remco looks like he lost a load of weight, hes not the power cube he was last year, not withstanding the tt win

• Registered Users Posts: 7,633 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I think Remco would be delighted with third place. When the high mountains come it’s between Ving and Pog

Advertisement