Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭Shoog

The majority of the anti-vaxxers I know are hippies and they object on two grounds

1-its not natural

2-it impacts their bodily purity

All the other aspects of civil liberties are just roped in to justify these core beliefs.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Spiderman0081

100% correct that good and bad people make mistakes, but when good people persist even after realizing those mistakes, they are no longer good and malice becomes intentional.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,923 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Meanwhile hoofing cocaine up their nose and puffing away on 20 B&H a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

I do because of how consistency theorists go on about.it, posting every day about the government paying companies to create weather blah blah blah.

The same lads are climate change deniers also, they have been educated by the facebook university. They rather repost Mary from Darndale's post about 5g/de covid/de vaccine/gubberments/climate change denial than actually read a book or get information from a credible source., from someone who is educated on the subject at hand.

I had to block several people from social media as it gets tiring seeing thw same shyte from the same people.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Frumy

But like I said NO ONE has brought this other stuff except for you. For someone who blocks people on social media for bringing it up do you not see the irony in bringing it up yourself? On a thread that has literally nothing to do with any of it.

The thread is about people who regret or feel ashamed of getting the covid vaccines. Literally nothing else.

Perhaps you would like to start threads on 5G/Flat Earth/Weather modification but no need to derail this one. Once again it's only you talking about this stuff no one else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Yes you make a fair point I went off on a bit of a tangent.

I repeat what I said earlier, no shame in taking the covid vaccine., or any vaccine.

Master of the Universe

These things don't exist in a vacuum. If someone feels 'shame' for getting a vaccine (which, as an aside, is one of the most stupid reasons for shame I think I've ever heard) then it's highly likely they just as susceptible in believing all that other nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Sinradler

No.

How could you possibly ever know what anyone else believes in much less lump several topics together and say 'those people' believe in all of this 100% it really is absurd when you think about it.

I have a family member has a job with the HSE; she doesn't believe in any conspiratorial stuff but also didn't take the covid vaccines but to you lot she believes Elvis is alive and flying an airplane around the flat Earth spraying chemtrails on us that causes 5G legions that turn us all into lizards and whatever else you can tag on.

Here's the irony of generalizing what you think other people think; well A you don't ever know what someone else thinks and B by generalizing about others you are doing the same for yourself.

You show you can't discern topics and just lump groups of people together using zero logic or zero rationale. The irony is of course you accuse others of no discernment or zero logic but you do it yourself everytime you generalize on what others may or may not think.

Master of the Universe

Wow, you really went off on one there, didn't you?

Can you point out to me in my post where I said the absolutist phrase 'these people believe in all of this 100%'?

Because I'm fairly sure what I said was 'it's highly likely they are just as susceptible in believing all that other nonsense.'

There are nowhere near the same statement as each other, not even close.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭Shoog

Personal experience (the loadstone of anti-vaxxers) tells me that the bulk of anti-vaxxers also subscribe to a whole raft of other CTs.

Went off on one LOL. Drama Queen much?

I'm pointing out how incredibly absurd it is to assume you know what other people think which it is. You have no idea. None whatsoever. Maybe I am wrong and you can read minds who knows? If you can however I'd doubt you be spending your days messing around on online forums for people bored at work and instead you would be a billionaire somewhere as reading minds I'm sure can generate proper money.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭snowcat

Could you define for me what an anti vaxxer is? I have received lots of vaccines. Vaccinate my kids where I see necessary. I made a personal choice not to take the Covid vaccine as I was and am not at risk. I was eager as anyone to see a safe and effective vaccine that would stop infection in its tracks so that the madness of the Covid situation would end. In my opinion and together with the use of mRNA tech which I was and am not comfortable with I chose not to take the vaccine. And I am delighted I made that choice. I contracted Covid once and had no noticable symptoms. Am I an anti-vaxxer?

Master of the Universe

Calling me a drama queen yet posting extremely dramatic, hyperbolic over the top posts. Whatever you're into I suppose.

Seems I hit a nerve either way. Are you an anti-vaxxer too? Another one afraid of big scary needles?

No you didn't hit a nerve I did with you as we both know how absurd it is to assume you know what other people think which is laughably stupid and absurd.

I never mentioned being afraid of needles you did if you are it's nothing to do with me.

Anti-vaxxer well you brought it up what is an anti-vaxxer? Do they have meetings? Do they have t shirts? Are they against every vaccine ever or just the new ones? Are they anti booster too? Is there a separate group called the anti boosters? Do they have street fights for supremacy with the anti vaxxers? and when did they adopt the phrase 'anti vaxxer?

I'm not sure what that phrase means it's open to so so much interpretation so you can give me yours.

I'm not going to assume I can read your mind I'll leave that nonsense to you pal you are the mind reader around here😉

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

As I said earlier in the thread, it's specifically back in the news because of a big court case making it a current affair. Some challenges to vaccine mandates begun a few years ago are only being heard in the courts now.

It's not just being dragged up as a conversation topic randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭thereiver

I have never heard anyone giving out about the following vaccines

https://www2.hse.ie/babies-children/vaccines-your-child/?gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9bTTtd3shgMV04BQBh2X3wgrEAAYASAAEgIKivD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

but then american trolls on social media are mainly interested in weird covid 19 and 5 g conspiracy theorys .

i know 2 people who did not get the covid 19 vaccine as they think they think their immune system is not strong enough and they are afraid of negative side effects.

Why would you be bitter about getting a vaccine that protected you against a serious deadly disease ,and also allows you to go anywhere without fear of getting infected ,

if you get covid 19 you,ll recover after a few days .

Imagine if the government offered free car insurance if you just go to an office fill in a form show id ,

would people be complaining its a weird conspiracy pushed by car companys to get more people to drive cars

• Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

"if you get covid 19 you may recover after a few days ."

FYP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The 5g joke was very old early in 2021…..oh my internet is great since I got the jab, amn't I gas altogether?

The idea of lumping anyone questioning the jabs or any other measure into the same group as the most outlandish theories out there was very deliberate in order to discredit and you aren't being clever or original by doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,338 ✭✭✭greasepalm

I do remember a case in America where some bloke said no to the vaccines as it was all a hoax , it did come back to bite him in the arse as he died a painful death from Covid

Your choice but if your living with family ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,507 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Many hundreds, maybe thousands of such cases in the US. Sorryantivaxxer.com was a good chronicle during the height of the stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭DialecticAspirations

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

It isn't. It's a very common phenomenon that someone susceptible to one form of toxic conspiracy theory will be susceptible to others. It's not guaranteed but it happens regularly.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

Is it now. Where did you read that? Facebook? Or have you conducted this indepth study yourself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,727 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Cause Im not the one spouting nonsense as fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

You made a definite claim about a phenomenon - you say opposition to vaccination correlates strongly with outlandish theories e.g. 5g theory

Maybe it does, but you're the one who has to answer the question 'Evidence???!!!'

Since you can't or won't, all I can say is:

No evidence then. We're done here.

No, there isnt either way so stop bullshitting with your 'common phenomenon'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,922 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

How about people with underlying problems or with diseases that are young. Also who are you to say those old people should just die

Advertisement