Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭Shoog

Yes they got the COVID vaccine for their children, that was sensible.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,143 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I don't think the majority of parents chose to vaccinate their children for Covid. I might be wrong but I thought the uptake rate for Under 15s or maybe U12s was very low indeed.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,197 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭snowcat

The mind boggles. It took a degree to get you from a knuckle dragger anti measles/polio/smallpox to appreciate vaccines. My interest in vaccines was minimal pre-covid. Took my travel ones had all my childhood shots vaccinated my kids and still do. Made an educated choice on the Covid one after a lot of my own research which proved correct. Was not necessary for me. No one can still give me a definition of that ofter thrown out word here 'anti-vaxxer'. Anyone who was a blanket anti vaxxer pre Covid is on another level of intelligence (and thats not a compliment).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭Shoog

@snowcat since you are thread banned I won't be responding further to your comments.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I don't know about everyone, but I presume most posters get that a lot of people who are routinely vaccinated don't do it solely for themselves. It is typically of benefit to them but the benefit in the main is to the population as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭wandererz

Going to to the pharmacy on Saturday, before the opticians appointment, to get a shot. Shame? No shame here.

Advertisement