Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Options
1232425262729»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭vswr

please do tell us how a simple binary question, is not binary

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

This, I think that the majority of people done it for others, there are some who didn't but for the majority of people, it was for friends, family, the population in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,936 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

You wrote that you were against these vaccines and wouldn't take them - before they were out.

Which would strongly suggest a personal bias and agenda - against a medical treatment that wasn't released.

Care to explain the reason and rationale behind that?

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭Spiderman0081

Do you believe that vaccine passports were rational?

I've asked you the same equivalent question multiple times now and each time you deflect. I keep simplifying it, but you don't even answer those.

More than happy to address your questions but you can't expect others to answer when you won't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,622 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Equally, was it not the case that the powers that be had decided that the vaccines were the way out of COVID long before they were available or even tested or proven to work/not work? Lockdown until vaccine was order of the day, Michael McGrath said as much on Prime Time in around Oct20….that might bring about some biases too one would imagine?

And I suppose might have been a red flag for some in respect to whether or not they would take it.

Like they could have put saline in the vaccines and the governments would have to claim they were effective because that was their only way out and their only way to claim credit for saving us all. eg We had these insane case numbers right before the restrictions were fully lifted, essentially because time was running out to claim credit.

It's mad how many people still believe the official story, despite all the evidence to the contrary, Lockdowns and Masks stopped Covid until Vaccines saved us all, aha.

The "powers that be", the "official story", tenuous leaps.. a bit early in the day for that stuff.

The vaccines reduced hospitalizations/deaths from the disease and variants, by up to 80%. Not bad for a mutating disease. A complete no-brainer during a pandemic, which is why most of us are vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,181 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I've nothing to feel ashamed about. I never got the vaccines. It was completely blown out of all proportion in my opinion. I'm not anti-vaccine, the elderly and the immunocompromised should have taken the vaccine. But for the rest of the population, I don't think it was needed. Especially vaccinating all the kids.

I got COVID, I wouldn't have known only for I took an antigen test as my sense of smell was reduced and I was a little run down. The symptoms lasted less than a week. I had infinitely worse bouts of flu as a kid. Maybe I had COVID other times and wasn't aware. I was always considerate of others, as I wore a mask everywhere indoors and used the alcohol hand sanitizer.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭jsd1004

Lockdown and "hard" was order of the day and Masks and anything that Maybe reduced/covered the face was excellent even your hand and questioning a mask dumped you into the nether world. I dont think anyone questioned whether a hard lockdown would work or not. It obviously would. The isolation tactic to anyone with a morsel of knowledge works. If it works to the greater good that has proven to be debatable. Same with the Vaxxes. They Worked..a bit. Maybe reduced spread. Omnicron did the work. If Delta was flying around the vaccines would have proved their worth but it was gone by the time the vaxxes came out

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭vswr

"that one lad on boards had some anecdotal evidence that COVID wasn't so bad for some….. all those scientists and doctors must be lying"…

I was in the UK at the time and they turned an aircraft hanger down the road from us into a temporary morgue as all the normal ones were full….. this was for over 6 months…

"we'll just ignore that,because I got the sniffles and that was it….no way people were dying from it"

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,806 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

The vaccine in the round wasn't for you specifically but for everyone. By taking it you were more likely to reduce the time you were unwell and also the time in which you were infectious to others. Yes, statistically speaking the chances it would kill you or do serious harm were way less than other groups but a) it certainly was not zero and b) it would have been for the other groups you were getting the vaccine.

You also seem to not have realised that just because it didn't affect you badly, doesn't mean it wouldn't have. I knew younger and fitter men than me who were at deaths door, and elderly people who barely noticed, it doesn't mean that it was safe for the elderly to get it or that it killed young and fit people in high percentages, and is one of the reasons why anecdotes are dangerous in these scenarios.

Lastly, I would have been very appreciative of you wearing a mask. Masks were extremely effective at reducing spread. There was some great data out of countries that adopted mask wearing early on, my own workplace had zero forward transmission cases internally and I would put a lot of that down to mask wearing and vigilance.

Advertisement