Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else feel ashamed of getting the Covid shots?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Weren't you considered unvaccinated until a certain period after your 2nd dose though? I'd say a lot of data is open to interpretation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

People had different combinations. The bottom line is that any combination was better than no vaccination in terms of hospitalizations/deaths. During the pandemic 60% to 80% of people in ICU's were unvaccinated despite making up a smaller proportion of people. The given odds are typically that people are 5 to 8 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid if they are unvaccinated vs any combination of vaccinated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,339 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Proof of this 'data' or it is just anti vax conspiracy theory drivel. And you have a such such garbage anti vax claims already you were unable to stand over on the thread already.

Covid vaccines are vaccines that have saved millions of lives so spare us the anti vax bingo of 'pharma shot'.

Your specific claim does not tally with the UK ONS definitions:

https://www.ons.gov.uk/aboutus/transparencyandgovernance/freedomofinformationfoi/onsdefinitionofunvaccinated#:~:text=In%20our%20mortality%20statistics%2C%20someone,of%20the%20COVID%2D19%20vaccination.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

I got the 2nd vaccine and called it a day when they said the 3rd only gave 6 weeks protection.

I'm currently dealing with my 3rd dose of COVID. The first 2 were during the height of covid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭jsd1004

I find all these vaccinated break through cases interesting. I am unvaxxed and caught Covid once (3years ago) and once only. Mild and inconsequential. Never got it since . Same with the whole family. If i catch it again and its nasty ill consider a vaccination. Anyone I know who has caught Covid lately is vaxxed. I was under the impression from the narrative when they were forcing out the vax that all the unvaxxed would be dead by now.

• Advertisement

Did anyone actually say that? It is so far from what the narrative actually its incredible you think that.

If anything it was the opposite... I was under the impression from the anti vax conspiracy theorists that all the vaxxed would be dead by now.

You dont have a clue what you are talking about on multiple levels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,278 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I said "There is no evidence of that happening in Ireland after the vaccine rollout. If there was we would all know about it"

So you've no evidence in relation to Ireland judging by your reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,787 ✭✭✭Shoog

Wild speculation on your part, speculation without evidenced can safely be consigned to the dustbin.

Then you got the wrong idea, probably because you pulled it out of your ass.

Yes they did say it, the unvaccinated faced a few winters of death and well you know it. Google the phrase and you'll see some of the most powerful people in the world said it. All the way from Washington to Berlin.

They're not getting multiple infections either. One and done as they used to say about J&J before it was pulled after being declared safe and effective.

• Advertisement

Desperate irrelevent anti vax guff.

There is evidence from Ireland but not the specific statistics demanded.

All documented on the thread:

Evidence showing unvaccinated significantly more likely to have severe outcomes from covid such as ICU admissions from multiple jurisdictions including Ireland.

Evidence from our nearest neighbour the UK whose detailed data gathering demonstrated not just significantly higher risk of death from covid for unvaccinated but also lower all risk mortality risk for vaccinated.

Why dont we have specific figures for Ireland? Because of typical Irish lack of data gathering and because so many in vulnerable groups were vaccinated.

So in the context of this thread no evidence to doubt right choice made in getting vaccinated.

Give us a specific example of someone who said that. You wont because no one ever did.

The fatality rate for unvaccinated people is somewhat less than 1% so no one ever claimed if you were unvaccinated you would end up dead - unless you were one of those unfortunate 1%.

Please show us anyone who actually supports your statement - anyone.

The self righteous attitude on here and distain for any alternate view is stunning.
    https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n149

Google it?

Nope. Why would I waste time supporting a garbage anti vax lie.

And thats a million miles away from "all the unvaxxed would be dead by now."

Utterly disingenous response of someone making a claim they cant stand over.

Thats a dead link. I disdain people spreading dangerous misinformation.

The problem for you is that millions of Irish did and got vaccinated - and they didn't die unlike claims by anti-vaxxers that they would.

Works fine for me. To outline. Dozens of elderly frail patients died after getting the Pfizer shot. Would they have died anyway is the Question. I suppose similiar to the deaths from actual Covid in frail elderly patients. As it was put down to Covid and recorded as a Covid death even though they were on the way out anyway. Its easy to see how the vax would have hastened their demise considering some of the pretty severe side effects that healthy young people got from the vax.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,904 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Theres plenty of Magneto's running around tbf.

Utter divs tryna claim it was magnetic was a highlight.

It's not a problem for me, I'm not disputing your statement. I would caution that not everyone who didn't take it thought they would die from it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My wife and I had the first 2 vaccines. I was grand after them , she was taken to a+e with a suspected heart attack. They put it down to a reaction to the vaccine. She had chest pains after the first but it was significantly worse on the second. Thankfully it wasn't her heart.

She hasn't had the virus. I've had it 3 times.

• Advertisement

Repeating a statement without any supporting evidence doesn't make it more true.

So you dont regard the bmj who posted the evidence as correct. Ok. You are some righteous b…..

Same nuance here as usual. Take the drugs. The drugs are good. Pharna are good. They are not interested in money. Take the drugs. Whatever you do dont question. We are the scientists. We know better. Take the drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,110 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

During the pandemic a higher proportion of people in Irish ICU's were unvaccinated

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40724142.html

Irish death figures

UK figures (age adjusted mortality rates per 100,000)

A higher proportion. The easiest get out clause you can get. So whats your take now that an even higher proportion in ICU at the moment are the vaxxed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

The link works, it's the story/study from near the start of the vaccination rollout when Norway was administering vaccines to people who were expected to die soon (people in final care days), they stopped doing that (I guessed what the link was before opening it).

Unsurprised to see the anti-vax loons still misunderstanding the study as proof of something else.

JSD, do you actually sincerely believe that the vaccines are dangerous (based off studies like from Norway) or are you just attempting to spread FUD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,602 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Since i received my vaccinations…

I’ve haven’t had symptomatic covid.

I’ve never had any other symptomatic cold / virus. Which is unheard of for me.

I didn’t have any side effects apart from a small bit of noticeable fatigue in the wake of one of the shots. The second I think.

No, I’m not ashamed of being vaccinated, I don’t regret being vaccinated.

Vaccines have worked. There is evidence compiled by and agreed by the most reputable independent sources in virology / healthcare that conclude the vaccines did what they were designed to. Designed to reduce death, serious illness and hospitalisation and getting life back to normal.

Done all that.

The BMJ link is dead for me, but it was explained why it doesn't support your assertion.

And making assertions regarding more vaccinated people currently been in ICU without supply any proof is useless to everyone.

Are you trying to suggest they were in the ICU because they didn't take the vaccine. No where in the Irish examiner article does it state that. You still haven't provided any proof. The Government already admitted they could be in there not because of covid but another illness/injury. i.e a car crash etc.

• Advertisement

It works for me... tis old news you are probably already familiar and nowhere makes any findings that support the grand anti vax claims being made which are of course false.

Advertisement