Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookkeeping course any good

Options
  • 18-06-2024 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭

Hi, how are you?

I am longterm unemployed and I was thinking about doing these courses in September.

Bookkeeping manual and computerised QQ1 level 5 and Manual and Computerised payroll QQ1 level 5.

Are they any good? Is there jobs out there for people with these qualifications?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downtheroad

There's a huge shortage of accountants and bookkeepers. Loads of practices are crying out for bookkeepers. Look at Accounting Technician Ireland also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,560 ✭✭✭✭kippy

What's your educational and employment background? Have you done accounting in secondary(not that that's a major issue in fairness)

There are jobs out there for people with the right attitude and work ethic. I am not sure if there are jobs out there with these specific qualifications without having a contact somewhere to get you in the door but I could be wrong.

Assume this is an evening course?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭raher1

I did some IT to no great effect. My secondary schools days were not great to be honest.

Its a day course over 3 hours blocks each.

You need contacts to get a job, great

Advertisement