Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disturbed Wasps Nest - Will they rebuild?

Options
  • 19-06-2024 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭

Some tree felling is taking place across the road in our neighbours and looks like they disturbed a nest of wasps. It was like something out of a movie when they all took off and were hovering at the gate of our house!

They are currently hanging around a tree in our garden which is making me slightly edgy. Will they rebuild this time of year or will they die off without the nest?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I'm guessing rebuild.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

Don't worry, getting in a car or drinking alcohol is way more risky to you and your families health.

If they do build a nest and you leave it alone you will be fine. Unless of course they are giant murder hornets (joking). Maybe they are bees.

Anyway, you can always find safe ways to get rid of the nest if you really have to. And they'll all die off in the winter time except maybe the queens.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭statto25

I’ve got close enough and they are bees surely. We’ve little ones so a low hanging nest of wasps wouldn’t be ideal. They have a small structure already built. It’s amazing to watch the progress. The nest is very low and open which is unusual for a nest I would have thought?

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Boardnashea

Can you get a photo?. It could be a swarm of bees and someone will be willing to come and get them if they are.

Advertisement