Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids savings accounts - good return alternatives

Options
  • 19-06-2024 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

I've savings accounts for young kids with a few hundred euro in it which I plan to keep adding to as the kids grow up. By the time they get their hands on it, inflation will obviously have taken a toll.

I'm looking for good alternatives. They must take into account:

I want to take into account:

• Tax, etc. (putting investments in my name or the kids name for example)
    • Be able to add to each of the kids accounts as money comes in at birthdays, etc.
    • Easy to manage (if I buy shares, for example, for all kids in my name and reinvest the dividends it will be tricky working out the actual values in 20 years from now. Separate share accounts or sub-accounts would solve this).

A few options are:

• State saving bonds (10 year is currently 22%).
    • Some sort of share platform where I can set up separate accounts or sub-accounts. Invest in something safe and good for long term (I've invested in ETFs in Australia, but brief research indicates ETFs aren't straightforward in Ireland).

Any other good options that will safely grow over time and minimise the impact of inflation?

Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭aidanki

looking for similar, did you find anything

Advertisement