Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eden Building Supplies - Insulation

• 19-06-2024 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has used these guys for Insulation. They are selling seconds direct from the factory supposedly. Prices look good.

https://www.edenbuildingsupplies.ie/

Anyone have any experience good or bad?

Any potential issues to be aware of using seconds insulation?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Some of what's on sale there appears to be site-seconds rather than manufacturing seconds and you can see what looks to be staining and discolouration due to sun and rain exposure, plus significant damp.

These boards have come straight to us from the manufacturer.
    They are cosmetic seconds. Ripple in the foil, variance in thickness.

Really? I'd be very surprised if a manufacturer would allow their name on such damaged stock.

Site-seconds would be residue left over due to over-spec or over-count. Many of these would be entirely suitable for use on various projects but some may be either scratched or damaged or have water staining in areas. I'd want to be seeing the batch before ordering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭W123-80's

Thanks for your thoughts.

I was a bit concerned by the colour of them alright. My gut was telling me it had to be some sort of water ingress that had them that colour.

It's a tricky one and as you suggested it would be best if I could see the product before buying.

Thanks again for your input.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnthevon

depends on what your using them for, I got a pallet from them and I'm using them on the floor and they will do the job - some are unusable but 90% are fine - site seconds is a better description

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,192 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

That weathering happens pretty quickly but its only on the edges typically. I dont think it causes much of an issue to performance.

Advertisement