Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aer Lingus Regional/Emerald Airlines

Options
  • 19-06-2024 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Does anyone have experience using Aer Lingus Regional/Emerald Airlines flying to the UK?

I see that the carry on baggage allowance is only 7KG (which I can probably live with). But the thing I'm more concerned about is that don't permit the usual 55cm/40cm/24cm carry on cases. They require the smaller 48cm/33cm/20cm cases (which I don't have).

How strict are they on enforcing this?

If I turned up with the standard size case and it was under 7KG would I be okay?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

I have showed up with a standard size case (55cm max dimension) and it's been ok. Where the ground staff are Aer Lingus it should be fine, but you never know how strict some of the agents on the UK side will be about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭kindalen

Staff are usually fine with that, they might stow your bag in the hold if the flight is busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

The bag size is because it won't fit in the overhead. The Emerald Air planes are smaller hence the smaller bag size & weight. I've flown them quite a bit with work over & back to Birmingham & have seen them being strict on the bag size. All depends on how full the flight is. But yes, I have seen them get people to pay to put it in the hold.

Advertisement