Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place/platform to sell bikes in ireland

Options
  • 20-06-2024 1:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 37

Got a new bike which I love and spend all my riding time on and have a giant tcr advanced pro 1 2021 and a vitus escarpe 290 cr that I am looking to sell (clear space in the garage) both great bikes.

Both in great condition. Tcr has about 5k on it and upgraded tyres and well maintained.

The vitus was hardly used (has about 150km on it) always picking my road bike when the weather is right.

Want to flog them and get a gravel bike . How do I sell them in ireland? Where is the best place?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,849 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Donedeal and adverts are the only shows in town but market in a right slump at the moment.

May as well advertise em here. What size is the tcr and is it rim or disc or what?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,391 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

yeah, the cycling ads subforum here is an option - you'll have a smaller reach for your ad but it's probably more reliable than adverts or donedeal.

just remember you can't list the bike(s) on adverts/donedeal and on here.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Pick what you would accept, advertise here at a bit above that, give it a fortnight, and if no takers move to adverts. Done deal is a PITA in my experience with tyre kickers and no shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭2011abc

Also be aware of the standard Donedeal/FB marketplace scam of being strung along only to be told the buyer will send a courier (you need your card details to register for courier etc !)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,326 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Adverts.ie you can at least see feedback of buyers and see the spoofers (people who offer 10 quid for every bike going)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭vintcerf

almost impossible to sell a second hand bike right now. adverts is your best option if you can tolerate muppets asking you if you'd sell just the front wheel or swap for some random item

Advertisement