Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blink 2 camera problem buying subscription

Options
  • 20-06-2024 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

I recently bought a Blink 2 camera from amazon uk and followed all the instructions, including linking my blink account to my amazon UK account. When I try to buy a subscription I get this error message:

I've checked the FAQ on the Blink support page and they advise setting a UK address as your default address and then paying using a UK registered card. I can set a dummy UK address, but I don't have a UK payment method. I've contacted Blink support and they most helpfully gave me the phone number for amazon US. Using a VPN set to UK doesn't work either. They advertise UK and Ireland on their support page so it should be possible to get it working here. I'm out of ideas, is there some other work around to buying a subscription if you live in Ireland? Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Login to amazon.com and change region in there from US to UK, then log out and try login on amazon.co.uk and see if that changes it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Brilliant, that worked, thanks very much! It's strange because I had set my digital content region to UK on amazon.com but there was a second way to do it which was hidden under a Preferences tab. Thanks again.

Advertisement