Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I want to go back to GAA but feel as I'm not good enough

• 20-06-2024 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭

I'm looking to get back into playing sport again (28 years old now) and haven't played since I was around under 12 or that. I'd be more worried that I'm not good enough to play again or would let the club down. Is there any ways to improve before hand, or should I just stick to individual sports?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

Just go for it. You'll find your level.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭C__MC

If you have a decent level of aerobic fitness you will be fine

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭CaboRoig

Almost all clubs will be delihgted to get an extra player. There's always a second or third team to start out with and who knows after that?

Go for it - you'll be retired long enough!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 395 ✭✭lmk123

if it’s football you’ll be fine as it doesn’t require much skill anyway, hurling could be different after that many years

Advertisement